Monday 13 May 2013

A Kite of Jellyfish

Can you imagine a prettier thing, than a giant kite made out of jellyfish?

They wouldn't be nasty, horrible, stinging jellyfish like irukanji or Portugese Men'O'War. They would be large, floaty jellyfish with long tentacles that dangled harmlessly from their transluscent bodies.

The tentacles are painted silver, and decorated with gossamer bows made from dragonfly wings. The wind need only be as strong as the lightest breath to send the kite of jellyfish pulsating aloft to glitter irridescent in the sun.

I will take my kite of jellyfish to the beach to impress women of a literary bent, and sea creatures will be impressed with the care and lack of coercion I take over my jellyfish, who fly for me without any harsh words or threat of force.

My jellyfish will fly for me out of love, for they recognise I have a far greater empathy with gentle invertebrates than I do my fellow humans.

Copyright Bloody Mulberry

No comments:

Post a Comment