Friday 2 March 2012

New movie project in the offing

OK, after an abortive attempt to shoot something in the week, I'm going to gather my "equipment" and head out on location to shoot some sort of sci fi project that kind of deals with the issues of Tourettes and Aspergers, or the great issues of whatever it is, whatever I am and whatever it is doing to me.

Everyone says they can never understand me, so I guess it's up to me to try and explain things a little. But only a little, don't want to take the mystique away, and I don't want to blow their minds!

Mainly people with AS BTW tend to associate themselves with the great "unemotional" characters of Sci Fi, Spock, Data, Seven of Nine etc. I wouldn't go so far, I've never been properly diagnosed and what I think I am varies from day to day, sometimes one, sometimes the other, sometimes both. I don't want to hijack other peoples cultural experience I guess.

Tourettes, however, is something I wish it was able to get out there properly, nothing ever expresses what its like for your body to do the things that it does, the frenzy, the convulsing. Or the terrible and horrible obsessing, or how to have a productive life.

No Tourettes on TV and film is all coprolalic swearing crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment