Wednesday 21 March 2012

Steampunk Sci Fi movies

Was just wondering about his, as I equally pondered why someone called "Earth Science and Gay Sex" was looking at my sci fi tumblr.

What Steampunk Sci fi movies are out there? You'd have though with the popularity of the genre - the genre books do very well don't they? - there would be more out there. My in depth, sophisticated research reveals;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk#Television_and_film

Which seeing as I don't count Wild Wild West - to me Steampunk should have a more inherently European feel for some reason - and LXG was an abortion doesn't leave us with very much. Recently The Asylum had a crack with their version of Sherlock Holmes, but it wasn't fantastic, although rather more interesting than a lot of Asylum's output.

The genre is visually rich, gives you a chance to put some hot girls in interesting outfits, and gives chunkier chaps a chance to shine; for some reason I always have this idea in my head that a lot of Steampunk fellows are not the skinniest.

It also has the chance to incorporate fantastic design elements and Art Direction, and perhaps more adult themes than Space Opera type stuff.

I'd love to see something, and I'm not a steampunk fellow. But maybe it just doesn't put bums on cinema seats or flog DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment