Wednesday 5 February 2014

Me, the Teenage Designer of Worlds

I was no artist, but the asperger side of me was always designing things, constructing navies, spacecraft, maps of resettled other worlds...these all date back to about 1987, a lot of scrawling during class and at home.

I have learned (in "An Anthropologist on Mars") that this sort of thing is a typical Aspergic trait...whether it is a Tourette's type behaviour as well I have no idea.

I still do this sort of thing, but it's more or less an entirely internalised process. Indeed my navy is being overhauled as I write.

Cruiser classes in the internal navy
An interstellar "Starsip" (Doh!)
These designs owed an awful lot to Project Daedalus
A UFO sighting designed by me. Alien looks like a bad attempt to draw Bowie
Map of terraformed Mars
CIA World factbook for a planet that doesn't exist
Colonised Venus

No comments:

Post a Comment