Saturday 26 October 2013

Raw with Frustration


When you have a head full of knowledge, can you fill it with any more?

I’m writing in a panic. I’m panicking because I’m being unproductive. I thought the way to become productive again would be to write about panicking about unproductive. There is so much in the world I want to know about. Is it an OCD, Tourette or more Apsergic trait? I don’t know.

I’m also in a panic because I don’t know how to make use of the knowledge I have in a way that could actually make my life better – the more I know, the more it upsets me that I’m not doing anything with it. The knowledge I’ve gained in my life seems more and more useless, as my days fill with moving boxes for very little money, and my nights fill with frustration.

There is a lot I can give to the world, rather than freak show displays of tics in the street and a non-ending stream of cynicism. I write, but I’m giving myself away for free to very few people. Sometimes that seems like a very good idea mind you, the thought of being a latter day Emperor Norton appeals very much, throwing ideas around in the open air like the philosophers outside the Library of Alexandria. But I don’t want to live in poverty either!

I will keep throwing myself against the wall until I stick.

Copyright Bloody Mulberry 26/10/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment