Wednesday 20 March 2013

STORY - I am the Resurrection

Written while listening to the famous Stone Roses track of the same name.


I Am The Resurrection

I was brought down to the shore and nailed so firmly to the iron cross you could have dissolved me in acid and I'd still be hanging there.

In washed the sea and a wreckage of razer shells, mermaids purses and starfish drank the blood from the mud as it settled from my wrists and ankles. Moth faced children laughed at me as they made sandcastles that the incoming tide just bounced off.

This happened every day for three years, until the tide rusted the foot of the cross away and I toppled sideways into the surflife, choking on the sand and salt, being stung by mocking Portugese Men'O War and having my welts pissed on by acid bladdered thugs from the local seaside estate, straight through their tracksuits.

The powers that be decided that I had suffered enough, and when the tide finally washed over by sunburnt head, that was the end of me. The blue sea faded to indigo, then black. It was over.

Then the dawn came, unexpected, out of time. Secured between four horses ridden by saints, slowly moving away from each other, an inch a day...

It never ends.

Copyright Bloody Mulberry 20/03/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment