Thursday 21 March 2013

Quantum Entanglement

I think the shoe analogy is the simplest way of describing Quantum Entanglement so that idiots, like me for instance, can understand it, but I can't find that video - you have a pair of shoes in separate boxes, open one and find it's the left one, then you know at that moment, even if it's on the other side of the universe, that the other shoe is a right one. Do this with paired electrons, the same thing applies.

I've been trying to clever, and envisage the use of this theory - as, I'm told by a work colleague, computer games have been doing. It's not something I've seen in any sci fi stuff yet, but I'm sure it must be there. I read about entangled computing in New Scientist, and I saw a you tube vid where someone was saying the concept did not make teleportation a possibility.

I think about communications...if information about shoes and electrons can be essentially transmitted across the universe instantaneously, then can more complex information, or conversations, or information from a spacecraft?

The proper scientists and theoreticians will probably be laughing and queueing up to matter me with logic mallets at this point.

Still, it does open up perhaps more realistic communications concept than any Star Trek "Sub-Space" radio for writing or filmic purposes. Who  knows?

One thing I know is that I don't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment