Friday 11 May 2012

STORY - Mixing Bowl

A bit of five minute short story writing here, screenplay duties have kept me away from my instant short stories!

I don't write about blood enough.

Copyright Bloody Mulberry 11.05.2012






Mixing Bowl


I was weak. Watching my life force seeping out of my arm into a transluscent gold bag as I squeezed a squash ball with one hand, sipping hot sweet tea from a bone coloured mug held by the other; it tires you out, what if you lose too much.

That would be a stupid mistake.

And then, when I had a pint and a half of it, the lifeforce, the blood, I poured it into a suitable receptacle, a blanchmanche mold, and put it in the micro wave, and turned it on before sinking back into the garden chair I was using in my improvised medical suite in my kitchen.

There was the familiar hot vacuum cleaner sound, the whirring of a spinning turntable, the sickly light.

And my blood boiled, boiled hot and sticky. And there was a fearful vibration, grinding to the cour of mmy weakened soul, my legs giving underneath me, my essence bubbling choking mockery, glooping like volcanic mud, and the grinding increased.

The microwave shook.

And then there was a bang, and a knife on blackboard screech, and my blood burst through the door, crimson steam rising to stain more my ceiling, and I saw the essence of my soul, a laughing spitting contorted face with eyes of blood, and then it burst with a laugh onto my lap, and scalded me.

Scalded me as I had always scolded myself.

Copyright Bloody Mulberry 11.05.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment