Saturday 5 May 2012

Hey, I'm writing a Feature Film Screenplay

I've wanted to for many many years, but have always been afraid to.

Now, I'm conquering my fears, my ADHD, my disorganisation, and I'm having a go. Just as an experiment. Just to see if I can do it. The presence of Prometheus inspires. As does watching all the Lord of the Rings special features...the process of creation is such a wonderful thing.

It's an adaptation, of a very very obscure sci fi novel - will worry about rights later, if it ever comes to that. I'm making changes, making it my own, trying to find something new in the story, trying to make it more relevant to 2012, trying to make a stronger story. Because my primary function is as a storyteller above all else.

I'm writing a feature film.

And I'm doing it from memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment