Friday 4 January 2013

SHORT STORY - Spindizzy - three minute writing exercise


Spindizzy

I found that if you rotate really really fast, while standing looking at an apple tree in my garden one steel grey day in September, that you can make the world stop. There I was, doing the whirling dervish thing as cackling fruit hung pregnantly upon the bough, the sick feeling in my head bringing bile to the back, then front, of my throat.

I spewed all over a dandelion plagued patch of lawn, but never stopped.

A robin and a blackbird were laughing and pointing their wings. There was a rushing in my head. I brought up more of my stomach and a lot more of my liver and kidneys to nourish the sickly grass.

I was moving so fast my finger tips were starting to burn with the friction of the air.

And then, all stopped. I slammed against a quantum wall as I had predicted; my body stopped instantly with no momentum. 345,599 revoloutions per second. That was the speed predicted. That was the speed I had hit.

And at the moment I hit it, the world stopped rotating, its inertia failed, and I was able to watch all the people and animals not glued or velcroed to ground level shooting off into the ky like they'd been thrown off a roundabout and dashed into bloody pulp upon the arc of the heavens.

Copyright Bloody Mulberry 04/01/13

No comments:

Post a Comment