Tuesday 7 August 2012

I Broke A Girl's Heart

I needed to try and refire my story writing in a hurry. I've been reading a lot about alien abductions lately. Wonder what goes through their minds?



I Broke a Girl's Heart

I met her walking through the park as the sun set on a fine day, drawing it to a beginning for us nocturnal creatures who prefer to work by the light of the moon, or no light at all.

She came with me willingly when I said I wanted to show her wonders. We walked to my vehicle as Venus looked down and it's unuspected inhabitants probably studied us through their large telescopes, we didn't know how their glass withstood the sulphuric acid rain.

I said she'd probably forget me, she said there was no way she ever would. I gave her something to drink, colour of stardust, glittering faintly.

It made her succeptible to my suggestions, although may I frankly say against aspersions of immorality, or indeed evil, that she was succeptible anyway.

Her examination was unremarkable, although she did at one point say she feared the nature of my eyes. Well, duh, that's what they were there for. She responded well to both forms of implantation, and bled only heavily nasally and internally. My ash coloured skin was lightly stained with her haemoglobin rich blood, a colour not known well to me at home.

She would remember in dreams, if not overtly. In fact, she let it known to me she had begun to confide in a hypnotherapist. Hah! Shyster!

It did her no good. The third time, it was time to remove what we implanted. Messy. It survived, but she, well, she didn't. Not our fault she was a forty a day smoker. A walking coronary. Dismissed as mad too. When everything she tried to say was true.

Still, her progeny lives on with us on our everlasting voyage. Too bad it is so sickly.

Copyright Bloody Mulberry 07/08/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment